Thursday, September 5, 2013

critters. i haz em.

So the move to Mississippi has been interesting. Something very "new" every day. Can't remember if I've said it here before, but it's insanely nuts how different two states that are so geographically close (e.g., Texas and Mississippi) can be.

Take, for instance, critters.

In College Station, TX, I had snakes, rabbits, butterflies, deer, armadillos, and wasps. That's pretty much it. Mississippi, however, has already shown me chickens with rats in their mouths, fireflies (LOVE these cuties), snakes (different than my TX snakes), more roaches than any human should ever have to observe, birds I haven't yet ID'd, a very random & ugly lizard, and ... Phil.

Phil is a groundhog.

He lives in my backyard. And he's cray. I love him. He doesn't love me.

Edited: OH MY GOODNESS. I just realized these two photos don't look like the same creature. I think I have two Phils.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I think I want to be friends with you!! hehe. I've moved to Florida...Lord, don't ask why. In moving here the thought "Texans really are the best humans" has been solidified by living amongst some of the more not best humans....so thank you! Thank you for having something on pinterest that randomly brought me HERE! You've given me a great big ol grin.

    ReplyDelete